A workout bag is far more than a carrying device for workout essentials. It’s a sanity-protecting, treasure-filled life-saver that takes serious planning. Every gym bunny needs to be ready for snapped hair ties, uncomfortable callouses or a post-workout run to the grocery store.
Prepare yourself. You are now entering the mystical, never-before-seen world of my gym bag…
Packing the main pouch:
- Your outfit: athletic bottoms, top, sports bra and shoes (if you’re not already wearing them)
- An extra pair of socks and panties for post-shower freshness
Stuffing the side pockets: (here come the fitness pro items)
- Deodorant: for your aroma during any post-workout errands.
- Mini-lint roller: those of you who wear black yoga pants understand why.
- At least two extra hair ties (and headbands if you use them). Do the five hair ties I carry scream that I’ve learned from experience?
- Combo lock: you know that gym compartment you store your treasure bag in? The locker? It doesn’t work without a lock.
- Water or shaker bottle: portable hydration station!
- Nutrition or protein bar: don’t let hangry attitude sneak up on you, keep an emergency snack with you always!
- Lotion: any regular weight-lifter knows the ache of palm callouses and the soothing slice of heaven lotion provides.
- Body spray: b.o. doesn’t need to tag along on after-exercise errands.
- Face wipes: don’t give sweat time to soak into your pores, keep your face flawlessly fresh.
- Lip balm: chapped lips can cramp your style. I always have bee’s wax lip balm on-hand.
- BONUS: Shoe baggie: although I’m not currently carrying one, I think it is a fabulous idea to have a bag for your shoes to keep dirt and odors contained.
What else do you carry in your gym bag?