Thank you all for the entries this week in the Better Homes & Gardens magazine year-subscription giveaway! A winner has been randomly chosen and it is…Jess from Anderson Ever After! Congratulations! If you’re not already following her, you should definitely check out Jess’s blog. You’ll find a colorful variety of topics from DIY projects to fashion wins to hilarious updates on her barre challenge.
Also, I’d like to share a few things I’m grateful for this Friday because giving thanks has a tremendous impact on personal happiness and improvement. I’m simply overflowing with things to be thankful for, but I’ve narrowed it down to 5 for today:
1. My film camera: Thanks to my boyfriend who bought me this camera, I have now started taking photos with my first roll of film! It’s such a change in pace from digital photos because you have to plan out each shot with such patience and precision. I’ll let you know if I get any keepers when I finish this roll and develop it.
2. My grandma: An inspirational go-getter who taught herself to be a seamstress, professional baker, gardener, home decor creator and master of all things DIY. I love my grandma so much and hope I one day become as driven and multi-talented as her.
3. Snow: The Midwest has been slammed with snow lately and I can’t help but see the beauty in it. The world covered in a pure blanket of sparkling white can be a magical experience.
4. Native American art: I’ve always loved the art of Native Americans and a recent exhibit I saw reignited that love. How can you not be impressed with the intricate bead-work, vibrant colors and reflection of nature in the medium used? So beautiful.
5. Coffee: I wake up early to practice with my church singing group around 8:30. Since my boyfriend recently bought an espresso machine, he brings me a handmade latte when he arrives to church around 10:30 a.m. I can’t even express in words how thankful I am for this thoughtful tradition! Coffee during the week is great and all, but having a homemade latte hand-delivered after you woke up early is simply ah-mazing!
What are you thankful for this week? I’d love to hear in a comment on this post!